Wednesday, January 4, 2017

  Happy New Year parents and students! I had a lovely break visiting my sister in Boise, Idaho. We had a white Christmas as it had snowed quite a bit before we arrived.
  I hope you are all rested and feel ready for school again. In math, we will be continuing with remainders and long division, and with interpreting  remainders. We had a small taste of this before the break, so hopefully students will recall some of what we learned!
  In science, we will be studying sound and light. We will have 3 science lab sessions to cover these topics, which I think students will find very interesting. I recommend that students take their journals home daily, to review vocabulary and concepts. By revising a little each day, assessments are much less daunting when they come around.
  We will be focusing on inferring in reading, which is a skill students need to develop throughout their lives. We will be looking at literary texts to practice using clues from the text, as well as our past experiences to hone this skill.
  I would like to thank our room moms for the lovely party they organized for our class, it was such an enjoyable end to the year. I look forward to getting started with the next phase of fourth grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment